Volunteer with us
Volunteers who give advice to our clients are at the heart of our service and we could not manage without them. We aim to train our advisers in the skills to help people deal with their problems and learn how to find the information the client needs by using various legal resources.
All Volunteer Volunteers will be supervised by solicitors during the time that they are interviewing members of the public, and will also guide them whilst they draft a legal advice letter for the client following the interview.
Main tasks that Volunteer Advisers will include:
- Conducting interviews and/or taking notes during interviews
- Undertaking legal research after the interview in order to determine whether there are any potential solutions to the legal problems
- Drafting legal advice letter
Skills/attributes that we’re looking for include:
- an ability to understand complex information
- be polite and good at listening
- a good level of literacy and numeracy
- to be open minded and not judge clients
- to enjoy helping people
- Studying/have studied Law at University or currently undertaking the GDL (desirable)
- Previous experience helping at advice clinics (desirable)
If you’re interested in getting involved and being part of our team, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch with you.